Friday, August 19, 2011

Tomatoes

OK, I know this is not Italy, & I am certainly not Italian. But when your neighbor gives you a giant basket of tomatoes, from their garden, what are you going to do, but make tomato sauce?




I do not pretend to have any special recipe for this, just all these fresh ingredients & the desire to do it. I did not even bother to peel the tomatoes.




Along with the onions & garlic, I also sautéd two hot peepers & bay leaves.




It starts out chunky .....





....but in no time becomes a thick rich sauce. Finish it off with a little more olive oil & some tomato paste & you are good to go.




Yum, what could be better! Pasta with homemade tomato sauce, a sprinkling of fresh basil & parmesan cheese, makes a simple yet delicious summer dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment