Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Few Words of Thanks

Although the days seem to pass by slowly, the summer itself seems to go by very quickly. It is hard to believe that it is already almost August. I have not had much internet time, so I have found it difficult to swing by your blogs to say Bonjour or merci for your comments. I have really wanted to respond to each of you but just have not found the time or the best way to do so. On the few occasions that I have tried, my iPad has not cooperated, making it all the more difficult.



Anyway, I thought I would give a quick shout out to you here & thank you for being so kind & following along. Here are a few personal responses accompanied by some recent photos.


Dawne ( French at Heart ), Thank you so much for your thoughtful words. You have raised a lot of great questions & I hope to answer them in some future posts. Especially, the story of how we happened to come here in the first place. I wish I could include some of the old photos of the house when we first bought it. But that will have to be an even later post as they are all back in the states & of course none are digital. Thanks again, I really appreciate your interest & your comments.


Elles ( Menthe Blanche ) Merci pour m'avoir écrit en français. Ça m'a fait plaisir de savoir que tu as vécu à Toulouse et que tu connais cette région. Je me souviens que tu as une amie près de Gaillac. Peut-être un jour tu viendras, et on pourra se rencontrer.


Émilie ( à la french ), Merci pour tes commentés aussi. You have a beautiful country & I feel so fortunate to think of it as my second home. Paris is my favorite city in the world. How lucky you are to live there! You mentioned that my photos are very small, I wish they could be larger also. I have tried every way I can think of to enlarge them but can not seem to do it from my iPad. I am sorry about that.


Liza ( Postcards from Colorado), I am always so happy when you drop by. I love hearing from you & seeing all the wonderful things you post on your blog. Hope you are having a wonderful summer.


Tomoko ( Green Tomato ), I am always mindful of how amazing this blogging world is when I think of our friendship spanning different countries & cultures. Thank you for being such a consistent follower of my blog. I am always delighted to hear from you.



Ruby ( Forest Dream Weaver ), I was especially interested to learn that you had been to Albi. It is not one of the better known French cities but it is such a lovely one. It makes me happy to know that you enjoyed visiting it as well.


Pauleta ( An Accidental Blog ), I am forever grateful for your constant presence on my blog. Your comments are a real encouragement for me. I wish I had more time to read all of your posts. I am especially interested to learn more about your French adventures.


Kristen ( A Sunny Spot ) I hope the weather has been nice in Boston. Oddly enough it has been quite cool here this summer not at all the norm but very pleasant.

Barbara, , Linna, Ren, Renilde, Suse & Jody thank you all !!

3 comments:

  1. Sally, Thanks for your post and comment. We are all the poorer because you don't have internet access to share your photos and soothing descriptions of your borrowed country. You mentioned that your old photos aren't digital and I wanted to share something that I do to get them on my computer -- I take pictures of them with my iPhone. Then I can download them to my computer. Try to find a place where you won't cast a shadow on the photo. They aren't great quality like scanning it in, but at least they're digital then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Sally.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    It has been hot and humid here in Japan.With growing concern of safety of atomic energy since last year's big earthquake, operations of almost all nuclear power plants in Japan have stopped.Instead, electricity has been supplied from thermal power generations for now.
    I am trying to save energy and thinking about how I could survive this summer with minimal amount of energy! But I am very fine.

    Have a good time,Sally.
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sally,

    thank you for the personal message, it is so sweet of you. I like knowing that you enjoy France so much, and that you've found a place that is welcoming and peaceful.

    ps: I'm actually from Nancy, but that is not so far from Paris ;)

    ReplyDelete