Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quelques Petites Choses


My pretty rose is fading now & every morning I sweep away the petals that have fallen, like little red hearts, in front of the house. There is something so satisfying about this simple task & something so sweet about each tiny petal. 




I like to fill my collection of little bottles & vases with blooms from my flowerbed. Everyday the kitchen mantel has a different display of color.



I had seen a little free library like this in Charleston before I left & was enchanted by it.
 Now St. Antonin has one too.
 La petite bibliothèque libra has both French & Englidh books.



How about these tiny little treats!
A cross between a muffin & a cupcake these petite lemon flavored delicacies are not much bigger than a cherry. Perhaps it is this sort of portion control that keeps French women so slim.



Wishing everyone a good end to the week & a happy weekend to come. 
And whatever you do, don't forget to celebrate the small things!

5 comments:

  1. This post made me smile Sally, I am so happy you are enjoying this life. Yes, it really is the small things isn't it?
    Right now it is pouring here, rain we badly needed so I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I loved the magic of this post, Sally. The ethereal rose petals, flowers from your beautiful garden, the sweet book library. It just filled me with joy that you are experiencing all this over the summer. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right! let's celebrate them!
    warm greeting from really hot Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found one of these free libraries and want to set one up at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Sally, your perfect windswept rose petals (I know I'd be too lazy, and I'd leave them there). How pretty your collection of little vases looks. And the bilingual library is delightful.

    ReplyDelete