Friday, July 15, 2011

Bon Weekend!!

I have been so occupied with my
guests that I almost forgot it was the weekend of 14 juillet. So to all of my French friends & followers, I hope you had a lovely 14th & will continue to enjoy the holiday weekend.






My sister left on the 13th. We spent a night in Toulouse before her departure & we saw all the preparations for the fireworks display that was to be held there.




After saying good-bye, I took the train home. The train went through Corde, where the Tour de France would be passing through later that day. From the window, I could see the crowds lined up, waiting, but I did not see a single bicycle, unfortunately. I would have had a wonderful vantage point if only the timing had been right.




Again I apologize for being so remiss in my blogging of late & promise to do better in the weeks to come. Happy summer everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back,Sally!
    Good to hear that you had a wonderful time with your sister and French friends! The second flower looks like fireworks!
    Have a great weekend!
    Tomoko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers. I've been watching the tour de France so I probably would have seen your train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally,thanks for all the beautiful and interesting French posts.I've been on a train through this area and the views from the carriage windows are stunning.

    Enjoy your week!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete