Sunday, March 14, 2010

... when the world is puddle-wonderful





This weekend I had every intention of writing a thoughtful post about springtime & art. But we are being hit by a major nor'easter. We are being battered by high winds & rain outside & now my ceiling has sprung multiple leaks on the inside as well. Dodging buckets & sauce pans that are catching the drips, my thoughtful post about spring ...well, I'm just not feeling it. So instead I have downloaded some old pic's of some of the baby quilts I have made over the past few years. They are bright & colorful & add a bit of whimsy to an other wise dreary day. And each one does in fact portray some aspect of springtime: a bulb in full flower, goldfish in ponds, kits flying, all kinds of critters & of course, a big calico sun. Someday I may blog about my conflict between crafts & fine art but today there is no conflict. Today is a crafty, cozy kind of day. Nothing too serious, just hoping that the rain stops soon & the sun comes out. I will wax poetic about spring & it's affects on art some other day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodnes the sun has finally come out. Now to just dry out this house. I love the quilts. I just can't decide which one is my favorit.

    ReplyDelete