Monday, June 20, 2011

Water Garden


On Sunday I had the opportunity to visited a garden in a town near by. French people really appreciate beautiful gardens & this was no exception.





The garden was lovely, but for me, my favorite part, had to be, the water garden. There was something so peaceful about watching the shadows & reflections as they floated across the water.




As well as watching the gold fish swim lazily about....




I wish I had taken more time to get better photos, but hopefully these give some idea of the calming effect of the watery space on an otherwise bright & sunny day.





The sounds of trickling water added to the soothing sense of tranquility.




There were little bridges & walkways, & beautiful shady spots to sit & contemplate. It was indeed a lovely way to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon.




2 comments: