Friday, June 25, 2010

About the Paintings

Those of you, who know my work, know that I am much less of a figurative painter & more of an abstract painter. However, when in France I truly enjoy painting the simple still- life.






Inspired perhaps by the beauty of the abundance of summer that is all around me.



Or is it that I just enjoy relaxing & painting simple images on a smaller scale for the sheer pleasure of it.




It's hard to say why I return to a more figurative motif. Painting in France is for me a time to relax & renew. Perhaps, returning to the fundamentals is a way of doing just that.




What ever the reason, it gives me pleasure & I guess that is after all the point.
Location:France

4 comments:

  1. wonderfull paintings I like how airy your bush strokes are as if you use a feather wish I could paint more sutle, I tend to be stiff, lucky to be in france, and to have time to sit and paint.enjoy while there

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and dreamy. lovely stuff. I can tell you are enjoying your French experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to your talent!
    adore the bouquet of blooms~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind comments. They are truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete