Thursday, August 1, 2013

Paris in 3 Days

Day1

Because I made my reservations on such short notice I was not able to book a flight directly to Toulouse as I have been doing for the past few years. The only flight I could get was to Paris & then take the train down to the southwest. Well, Paris was ok by me & in order not to be too jet lagged before taking that long night train, I decided that I really needed to stay in Paris at least a few days. Wouldn't you agree?
I had hoped to post my Parisian adventures as they happened from my hotel but as fate would have it the wifi was not working. But here, a little late, is my first day in Paris.



Every trip to Paris must have at least one photo of the Tour Eiffel. I took mine through the window of a bus as I rode by.


I used to live in Paris about 15 years ago, so I chose a little hotel in my old neighborhood. I arrived on Wednesday, market day just as it was 15 years ago.


After strolling through my old neighborhood & the market, my first stop was Poilane's boulangerie!


I saw lots of Soldes ( sales ) & bought a T shirt for 3€.


Saw lots of iconic places.


Rode the Metro & lots of great buses.


Had lunch here.


It was hot but the woman at the table across from me had a fan.


I loved the old mirrors that gave the atmosphere extra old world charm.


Went to this park.


Enjoyed resting & people watching.


Wanted to peek in this door.


Looked up a lot.


Walked across the Seine.


Saw the face lift of Notre Dame.


Marveled at the of Paris roof lines


And the shadows that they cast. It was a perfect day in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your photos and reading about your trip were almost too much for me. I really long for Paris, for France. Counting the days, years, until I can travel there again. Loving all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete