Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dinner with Jacinta & Roger

My neighbors recently invited me for a light summer supper. I arrived early to see if I could help in the kitchen but ended up taking lots of photos of the process instead.


Jacinta made a "Moroccan Couscous Salad with Grilled Aubergine & Feta". I have recorded the recipe here for you to try. The first step was to brush with oil & grill the thinly sliced aubergines or eggplants as we call them in the states.


Next she cooked the large pearl couscous in vegetable stock & then drained it.


The dressing consisted of the juice of one lemon, 1 tbsp rad el hanout (a Moroccan spice mixture), 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted & ground & 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.


Mix sauce together, then add the couscous & 1 can chick peas drained & rinsed with 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped & 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley.


Just before serving gently toss the grilled eggplant into the couscous mixture.



Crumble feta cheese over the top & serve with a tomato salad & a simple green salad.




The pairing of salads made a perfect light summer meal shared with old & new friends.



It was a lovely evening. Thank you, Jacinta for a wonderful time & this delicious new recipe. It was nice to meet you Sally & John. Hope you had a good trip back home.





4 comments:

  1. i am glad you remember taking pictures
    in any situation(^^).
    the meal looks super delicious....
    i guess you are still in france. enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very delicious recipe and I like to try it although I'm not sure if I can get this rad el hanou - I fear not! : (
    I agree with coco good that you took pics, looks like an wonderful evening.
    BarbaraBee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious Sally - thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god, you've made me so hungry !!

    ReplyDelete