Friday, August 10, 2012

Early Morning at the Café

A friend needed a ride into work this morning early. Because all of my friends & neighbors are always so kind to me when I am without a car, now that I have the use of one, I was more than happy to oblige.




It was a nice opportunity to get up early & go into St. Antonin before most of the town was awake. The early morning light was beautiful.


There were at least a few people already at the cafe having their petit déjeuné.


What a treat to start the day with a coffee & a croissant. I am afraid I enjoyed mine thoroughly before I thought to take a photo.


But I did get a shot of this French couple enjoying theirs.


Dogs are always welcome in the cafe & there were a few this morning too.


Several people walked by with their bread fresh from the boulangerie. Not only baguettes, these dense crusty round loaves are wonderful as well.


How pretty & quiet St. Antonin is in the early morning hours. So peaceful!


Soon all of these empty chairs will be filled & another busy summer day will be in full swing.


Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and sweet pictures Sally: have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sally! ....... this is beautiful and so immediate. The round loaf looks wonderful.

    Happy weekend to you too!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that the French, as a rule, do not get moving early in the morning. I love cafes, and breakfast in cafes is even better. I searched on my iPhone for St. Antonin to see what part of France you are in, but it gave me about six different St. Antonins to choose from. I guessed "Gers, Mid-Pyrenees" was I right? Any way, lovely to share breakfast with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so dreamy. nice captures. i can imagine your day. hope all is well in your artistic point of view world.

    ReplyDelete