Sunday, July 19, 2015

Vide Grenier

Our little village had it's first very own vide grenier on Sunday.



After the extreme high temperatures of last week the overcast day was a relief from the heatwave & a perfect atmosphere for the event. 



We had our very own sign to proclaim the day & quite a large number of participants for such a tiny village. Vide grenier means quite literally "empty the attic" & that is just what everyone did.



There was a little bit of everything & certainly something for everyone.



From trinkets to cast off treasures 



Young & old alike found some little something to bring home.



But mostly it was just a happy occasion for neighbors to gather together & enjoy each other's company & celebrate the life of the village. 



I am connecting this post to Paulita's weekly meme
because sometimes dreams are all about real life experiences.

8 comments:

  1. Sally, As I empty out my house of things, I look forward to visiting these vide greniers to fill my new house in France, when that happens. Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real dreams are the best kind, especially when they involve the whole community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your posts I think I am going to have to add France on my to visit list :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this sounds like much more fun than a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are particularly gorgeous photos Sally. I haven't heard the term vide grenier before- it looks an incredible sort of event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! We need to do this in my town!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/07/weekly-wrapup-continuons-lire-paris.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..this is brilliant! Have a great day, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! glad you were there to enJoy it :)

    ReplyDelete