Sunday, August 31, 2014

Last Sunday Market


I am always struck by the profusion of colors at the Sunday market.




The purples & greens...



....the yellows.... & reds.....



....& blues...



....there is such a mix of color everywhere one looks.



All so stimulating to the eye.....



.... each scene like a still life waiting to be painted.



And then back home again where an impromtue lunch unfolds with the morning's purchases. 



I am going to miss this colorful Sunday morning tradition. Sadly this is my last Sunday market in France this summer. I am sure I will find myself daydreaming about it when winter comes but for now I am enjoying these last precious days as my stay winds down.

Because I know that these are what dreams are made of, I am linking this post to Paulita's weekly meme Dreaming of France.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Sally, it is a little bit sad but I know anyone might be sad to leave this such colorful ,rich and beautiful Sunday market! What a pretty market!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely understand why you love the market, and why you will miss it. The colours and textures are gorgeous, and I'm sure the tastes are delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast of the market in France to the supermarket in the U.S. is probably one of the things that makes life in France feel so much richer. Love the photos. Safe journeys home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are fantastic....and everything looks so so fresh!

    Thanks for sharing the beauty,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the photo of the onions! Looks like a beautiful and colorful place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sally...
    its been ages since I spent time at my blog let along visiting lovely bloggers. Looks wonderful all your European posts. This time last year we had both been waiting for domestic changes... I do hope that you are now feeling more settled.
    I am sending several paintings to Cambridge MA next week for an October group show... I will actually blog about in in October. It would be so nice to visit over there ... but not possible for now.
    best wishes with all your travels... love the photos!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so passionate about markets. The colors, the smells, the people, the sounds -- they all fascinate me. These are wonderful photos and I'm sure you will miss it all very much.

    Just a quick thank you for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy -- I so enjoy your visits and appreciate your time. I'm getting back from my break and hope to be much more regular visiting here as well. I do love summer, but sometimes it goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the colors and all the delicious veggies and the cheese and everything together makes me want to have an impromptu lunch right now :)

    ReplyDelete