Monday, July 1, 2013

A Weekend of Lacrosse


My grandchildren all play lacrosse. They are each on a summer team. They will be practicing during the week & playing round-robin tournaments on weekends. All of this is a family affair.


Lacrosse is a new sport for me & I am slowly having to learn the rules & regulations.

My grandson's number is 44.

Lacrosse is a fast paced sport. Sometimes it moves so fast that I can't find my grandson on the field.

But I always know that I will be able to look for his bight orange shoes flashing by.

The girls are at the age where they no longer wish to be photographed. So I end up with a lot of shots like this.

But luckily I am able to sneak in a few quiet unobserved moments.

After all that is what it is all about for me, just being together.

Great game Jack!


I hope all of you had a happy weekend too!


4 comments:

  1. Sally, Terrific photos. I'm sure that you're glad to be in Boston to attend the grandkids' games. It seems like only last week i was dragging the family to soccer games and swim meets. I still have swim meets to go with my youngest, and now I get to attend musical theater to watch my daughter. No sun block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about lacrosse, it sounds fun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend Sally. I'm glad you sneaked those shots... always best way I find. people relax. Looks like fun at Lacrosse.
    I just wandered along your various posts and see we have much in common with waiting for housing issues to resolve. We are now nomads with a months to wait before we get the keys to the new home. Its seems to be one of those things one has to dig deep and find the patience to do... wait and act when the time comes!
    My very best wishes to you that it might be resolved before too long Sally!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Sally,
    Looks like you had a great time. It is first time for me to hear the sport" Lacrosse game".Your grandchildren are fast growing!I have one granddaughter. She is 6.
    Have a lovely rest of this weekend!

    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete