Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Interest in Life of Van Gogh

I was intrigued by the piece on 60 Minutes, Sunday night, regarding the life & death of Vincent Van Gogh. Did you happen to see it? If not, it may be viewed in its entirety at the above link, as well as interesting out takes from the show. The segment featured Steven Naifeh, who along with Gregory White Smith, has written  a new biography of Van Gogh, entitled “Van Gogh: The Life’’. 


The book reveals many new insights into the life & death of the artist, & I am extremely anxious to read it. In the mean time, I found the following extra "overtime" segment form the 60 Minutes show, very moving. Morley Safer, reads excerpts from Van Gogh's letters.  In his own words, the artist, speaks of his paintings, colors, & inspirations. I thought that you might enjoy it, too.



http://vangoghbiography.com/AboutTheBook

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links. I've been meaning to read more. The whole Van Gogh "controversy" has been a huge subject of conversation at out house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I heard on the radio that Van Gogh was murdered? He would not commit suicide ... I'm curious to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating story, Sally!
    Yes, i did watch it...before The Amazing Race!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this Sally I am a big fan Vincent ,I have seen many documentaries of his life and have read about him also ,I also love the song called "starry night"which tears come to my eyes when I listen to it you can listen to it on you tube I listen to it often ,just love it, I hadn't been blogging lately due to the events in my country ,that hasn't helped my mood to much I hope things get better,wish you well. theodora

    ReplyDelete