Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Glasses

Speaking of Jack Kerouac, I got some new glasses. I bought them from Warby Parker, a young online company, that sells great looking, good quality eyewear for under $100. 



What could be better than that? Well, maybe this, when you purchase a pair of glasses from Warby Parker, they donate another pair to someone in need.


I liked the concept of this company so much that I bought two pairs.


In fact, I liked everything about them, from the cool packaging, to the vintage inspired styles, to the easy & fun shopping process.


They will send  up to 5 pairs of glasses to try on in the privacy of your own  home, for up to 5 days, for free. And they include a pre-paid return shipping label to send them back, with no obligation to buy. They have showrooms in some cities, so I was able to do both, & found the whole process a lot of fun.


But what could all of this have to do with Jack Kerouac you might ask? Scroll to the bottom of this link for the answer. If I wasn't already totally smitten, this little tidbit sealed the deal!




It is my hope, that Warby Parker can be an example, for how all businesses will operate in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Good choice! I like the sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that businesses are giving back to the community. There's a shoe company called Toms that gives away a pair of shoes whenever you buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool.
    like your choices.
    thank you for sharing.
    great idea.
    I shall check them out.

    looking good Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cool, Sally! They are great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got a free pair for getting one? That's nice! And yes, you really made a good choice getting those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sunnies look superb! I’ve tried going to one of their showrooms once, and it was just quality service all around. And their frames are quite sturdy! Mine’s still not showing any signs of wear or bent parts despite frequent exposure to grandchildren. Definitely a big plus!

    Augusta @ KleinOptical.com

    ReplyDelete